- Theory of Constraints – Every business is held back by constraints. Whether it is the lack of marketing, a slow process, inventory, or management techniques, Theory of Constraints takes a logical and step-by-step approach to identifying and solving the core problems of a business. Most problems are really just symptoms of a larger core problem and when the core problem is eliminated, 80-90% of the other "problems" disappear.
- Six Sigma – A statistical approach to measuring and improving the efficiency of your company and its processes.
- Lean Processes – Lean is eliminating waste in all areas such as time, processes, policies, or other areas that may be burdening your business. It does not mean running on a skeleton crew with as little inventory as possible.
- Reliability Engineering – Designing a product, service, solution, or process that considers possible problems before the actual production or implementation. By eliminating the defects from the beginning, companies can save time and money by not redesigning or constantly fixing problems that could have been avoided.
Great Books to Read:
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson, MD
- This is a great, short book that demonstrates the importance of change in business.
- It’s Your Ship by Michael Abrashoff
- This book is a real life story of how your human resources can be your greatest asset and resource.
- The Goal and It's Not Luck by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- These books focus on the logical processes of Theory of Constraints in an easy to read story format. Theory of constraints focuses on a logical process of thinking and also identifying the core problem rather than treating symptoms of the real problem.
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- This is a great book that touches on the importance of creating your business to run on a system rather than around you. Easy read written like a story.
- Leadership and Self-Deception by The Arbinger Institute
- A book that will change the way you look at life! This is a very specific book that touches on actual accountability in business and life. This book could change your career, no matter what level you are at.
- The 360° Leader by John C. Maxwell
- Do you ever feel like you are stuck in middle management and can't make a difference unless you are on the top? This book will open your eyes to the real trait of a leader and how to lead from the middle. Even if you are on top, this book can help you to see the world of leadership more accurately.